Scallop, Shrimp, and Crab Seafood Cakes



Crab cakes made with fresh Maryland lump blue crab or Maine peekytoe crabmeat are my favorite; but since I can't get fresh blue crab or Maine crab in Rhode Island, I thought I might adapt my crab cake recipe to make a "seafood cake" instead. These were really good and easy to make. I eyeball my ingredients but the estimations here should be pretty close. If you make extra, these freeze nicely.


Scallop, Shrimp, and Crab Seafood Cakes

12 medium cooked shrimp, chopped

15 cooked bay scallops cut in halves

8 oz of crabmeat (usually canned in the section of your store for refrigerated seafood)

1/2 green pepper, diced

1/2 red bell pepper, diced

1/2 large, sweet onion, diced

1 egg

3 T mayonnaise

1 T Worcestershire sauce

1 and 1/2 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed

1/2 T of Old Bay seasoning


1. Saute the peppers and onions until soft.

2. Beat an egg into a bowl. Add the mayo and mix thoroughly

3. Add all the ingredients above and mix thoroughly, Shape into 4 inch wide patties about 1.5 inches thick.

4. Saute in vegetable oil over medium high heat until slightly browned and crisped on both sides then transfer to a king sheet.

5. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Makes about 6 seafood cakes.

Comments