No Bake Figgy Bites



These are like fig newtons without the newton! I love figs and this snack is so easy to make. Super healthy too, no sugar, just the natural sweetness of figs- omega 3 fats, a dose of protein, and excellent source of fiber, potassium, and B vitamins. I get my dried figs from Costco. I made this batch without coconut. Next time, I think I will add 1/4 cup of shredded coconut.

No Bake Figgy Bites

3 cups chopped, dried figs (fill cup but don't pack down)
1 cup walnut halves or pieces
1/4 flaxseed meal (or oatmeal oats)
1 T vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

1. Cut the stems off the dried figs and chop into small pieces. Put in a bowl.
2. Add walnuts, flaxseed meal, vanilla, and salt to the bowl and mix all thoroughly.
3. Taking a small batch at a time, pulse it in your food processor until finely chopped.
4. Roll into small balls in your hands (a little smaller than a ping pong ball). The oil from the walnuts helps bind the balls.

These keep in an airtight container at room temp or in the fridge for up to 7 days. Makes about 2 dozen.



Comments