Japanese Restaurant-style Salad Dressing


I love the dressing they put on salads at Japanese restaurants. I searched for some recipes and came up with one that I modified and it turned out spectacularly well! Instead of peanut oil, I used canola oil and peanut butter and added more ginger. Oh my gosh, this is so delicious I could practically eat it like soup! I can't wait to put it on my salad greens tonight. I made a small batch that will last me for the week. Double the recipe if you wish to make more.

Japanese Restaurant-Style Salad Dressing

 

1/4 cup minced onion
1 T minced celery
1/2 T minced ginger
1 heaping T of minced fresh ginger
1/4 cup canola oil (or any vegetable oil)
1 T peanut butter
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 t soy sauce
1 T ketchup
1 T honey (or use white 1 t white sugar)
1 t fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
couple dashes of pepper

Put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend on high speed for about 20 seconds or until it is smooth and well-pureed.

Comments