Curried Hummus



Hummus is an Arabic dip made from garbanzo beans (chickpeas). But did you know hummus means chickpea in Arabic? I love hummus in a variety of flavors but I think curried hummus is my favorite. Traditional hummus is made with tahini. My version does not use tahini. Enjoy!

Curried Hummus

1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained except for 1 T of liquid
1/4 cup olive oil
1.5 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 tsp curry powder
salt to taste

Put garbanzo beans and liquid in food processor. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy (I tend to prefer mine a bit stiffer). Add more olive oil if necessary to get the right consistency. Serve with pita chips and veggies.


To make your own pita chips, cut pita bread into small triangles. Brush lightly with olive oil and toast in a 400 degree oven until they just begin to brown (about 5 min.). Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt.

Comments

  1. I am addicted to hummus like other people are addicted to ice cream. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment