Kale Chips

Kale is one of the super vegetables- very high in Vitamins C and K, beta carotene, and calcium and supposedly contains substances that facilitate DNA repair and block cancer cell formation. I heard about kale chips but never tried them. I wish I had known about these when my children were younger as I think they would have liked them as a healthy snack. I bought a bag of chopped kale at Trader Joe's and thought I would try making kale chips this weekend while Chris was home. Now that I have made a batch and tried them- I'm hooked. Really- these are so easy to make and good for you.

Kale Chips

1 bunch of kale (or bag of chopped kale)
1/2 T olive oil
sea salt

1. Remove ribs from kale and chop leaves into 1-2 inch pieces (or remove ribs from chopped, bagged kale). Chop enough to cover a baking sheet in one layer. Make sure kale is thoroughly dry.
2. Toss kale with olive oil or spray kale with olive oil mister.
3. Spread on single layer on baking sheet, rubbed with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
4. Roast at 275 degrees for 10 minutes, toss and turn, and roast an additional 10 minutes or until crisped (taste to see if kale is crisped as it is hard to tell from looking at it).
5. Let cool and serve as chips.

Comments