Asian Cashew Slaw


I must have 5 recipes for cabbage slaws but this one is my favorite. The combination of fresh ingredients, ginger, and cashews makes this slaw extra special! The amounts are my estimate as I seldom measure my ingredients- adjust according to your liking!

Asian Cashew Slaw

1 pkg of shredded cole slaw cabbage or shred 3 cups
1 half red onion - quartered and sliced in thin slivers
1 red bell pepper sliced in thin slivers
1 green pepper sliced in thin slivers
3 carrots cut into thin matchstick pieces
1/2 cup minced cilantro
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup cashews
1 T zested orange peel 
1 T finely minced fresh ginger
1/2 T brown sugar or honey
3 T fresh squeezed orange
1/2 T white balsamic vinegar
1 T canola oil or mild olive oil
1/4 tsp salt

Mix 1st 10 ingredients together (up through and including the ginger). In small bowl, mix last 5 ingredients thoroughly. Pour over slaw mixture and mix thoroughly with the slaw. Makes 6-8 servings.
















Comments