Totally Not Made from Scratch No Bake Cookies



Am I lazy today or is it because I am spending a couple months in Florida, away from my kitchen utensils and pantry of ingredients? Today I made cookies that were totally not made from scratch. I haven't really done much baking in Florida because 1) I'm not really into baking and making sweets and 2) I really don't want to buy a lot of baking ingredients for the short time I am here in Florida. However, I had a craving to make something sweet and chocolatey for Valentines Day. I remember when Brianne and Victoria used to bring fabulous no-bake cookies to the office. They were my favorite. So, today I attempted my own version of no bake cookies using mostly ingredients I had on hand. My oatmeal is not the quick cooking kind so I needed an alternative. Chris left a box of Nature Valley Oats and Honey granola bars here after his visit so I decided to use those as my base. I had a package of dried cherries and some slivered almonds I use for my oatmeal. So all I needed was the chocolate. I took the easy way out and bought the dark chocolate used for dipping, that you can melt in the microwave. I was all set to make my version of No Bake cookies, the easy way. I guess I will call them Crumbled Granola Bar No Bake Cookies. And yum, they are good!

Crumbled Granola Bar No Bake Cookies

1. Crush 4 granola bars up into tiny pieces (they come 2 to a package so it's really 8 bars).
2. Add about 1/2 cup dried cherries and 1/4 cup sliced almonds.
3. Mix all ingredients together.
4. Melt the chocolate and stir into the granola bar mixture.
5. Spoon onto wax paper and push melted crumb mixture together to make rough cookie shapes.
6. Put in freezer for 15 minutes for chocolate to harden and set. Keep cookies in fridge or freezer before serving.
7. Makes about a dozen cookies.

Comments