Baked Chicken Slices with Cilantro-Green Chili Yogurt Sauce


This past month (between holiday festivities) my time has been consumed writing an NSF proposal. Yes, I mean consumed- 8 AM to 6 PM than I grab a quick dinner and work until midnight most nights. But the good news is- it's done and now I can get back to cooking and food blogging! I'm in a rented townhouse in Florida this month so I don't have my usual tools, cookware, dishes, spices, etc. but will do the best I can with what is here. Tonight I made baked chicken breasts with a special sauce I concocted and it was fabulous! Sort of a twist on my tzatziki sauce (listed under my sauces). I had some cilantro in the fridge and a can of chopped green chilis. So instead of the cucumber in tzatziki, I used cilantro and green chilis. And- it was fabulous, easy to make, and low in calories. I bet it would be good over fish too. A gentle warming before spooning it over the chicken and it was divine. Of course it's the Greek yogurt that makes it so thick and creamy as if it were a cream-based sauce. Don't use regular yogurt as it would be too thin and watery. I served the sliced chicken breast over spinach with a side of roasted olive-oil tossed cauliflower and a wild rice medley with cranberries and almonds. Fabulous dinner after a busy day of manatee watching and golf for the guys!

Baked Chicken Slices with Cilantro-Green Chili Yogurt Sauce

Plump Chicken Breasts (2 for 3 people)
1 single serving container of plain Greek yogurt (I like the Oikos brand)
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1 garlic clove (finely grated- use a microplaner or a garlic press)
1 can chopped green chilis (drain as much liquid off as you can)

1. Bake the chicken breasts until done.
2. To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients together. Warm slightly before spooning over the chicken.
3. Slice chicken breasts and serve sliced (I serve over freshly steamed spinach with a splash of balsamic).
4. Spoon yogurt sauce over chicken and serve.

Comments

Post a Comment