Cherry Tomato Salad with Italian Parsley


Got lots of cherry tomatoes in your garden? Try this simple cherry tomato salad. When I was in Shreveport last week, my host took me to this wonderful restaurant, Ernest's. They are famous for their marinated crab claws appetizer. They were served smothered in a thick green "leafy" sauce. I tried to figure out what it was and I'm pretty sure it was parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. I tried marinating my cherry tomatoes in it for a salad tonight and it is fabulous! I am definitely going to make more of this!

Cherry Tomato Salad with Italian Parsley

2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup of Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 small clove of garlic, finely minced
3 T extra virgin olive oil
2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Cut tomatoes in half. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over tomatoes. Mix thoroughly and allow tomatoes to sit for at least an hour before serving to allow flavors to develop.

Comments