Roasted Fingerling Potatoes



I love fingerling potatoes. I love the shape, the taste, and the texture. I grew fingerlings in my garden a few years ago. I think I will plant some this spring as there is nothing that taste better than a fresh, young potato pulled out of the garden and roasted or grilled. Roasting fingerlings is quite easy and I like to roast a batch every now and then to have on hand for side dishes or to use for hash browns at breakfast.

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
10 medium fingerling potatoes (adjust ingredients below based on how many potatoes you roast)
2-3 T Olive Oil
1 large shallot
1 tsp rosemary
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

1. Cut fingerlings longitudinally and and in half for the larger ones.
2. Cut shallot into thin rings.
3. Place potatoes in roasting pan and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper.
4. Roast at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Stir potatoes and flip over bottom pieces that may be stuck to the pan.
5. Add rosemary and shallot rings, stir. Roast for 15-20 more minutes or until potatoes are nicely browned and soft.

Comments