Asian Slaw


I love nice, crunchy veggie salads, but salads don't always have to be the lettuce-type. I really like "slaws". With cabbage as a base, slaws are full of phytonutrients. Here is one of my favorite slaw recipes. I don't measure out the ingredients so I will try and estimate as best I can. You can always adjust the ingredients to your liking.

Asian Slaw

1 package of shredded cabbage (or shred your own)
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 carrots, julienned into match-size pieces
1 celery stalk, sliced paper thin
1/2 red onion, in paper thin slivers (or 4-5 scallions, chopped)
1/3 cup slivered almonds (or peanut halves)
1 T freshly grated ginger (grated, not minced- use a microplaner for best results)
1.5 T canola oil
2 T white balsamic vinegar (can use regular vinegar but add a teaspoon of sugar if you do)
Optional: minced cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

1. Mix the oil, vinegar, and ginger- set aside.
2. Mix all the veggies together. Add salt and pepper.
3. Pour on liquid and toss thoroughly.

Comments