Molasses Muffies



Are you a muffin top lover, do you prefer the stumps or the whole muffin? A few years ago I bought a muffin top baking pan so I could make muffins without the stumps. Now Sur le Table sells the "muffie" cups which don't require the shallow muffin pan (see photo). Tonight I decided to bake some molasses muffies to drop off to my friends who watched our house while we were in Florida for the last 2 months. The key to a good molasses muffin or molasses cookies is a high quality black strap molasses. I hope my friends will enjoy these muffin tops without the stumps!

Molasses Muffies

1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
2 eggs
1 and 1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp each of salt, ground ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix all the wet ingredients together. Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour just barely up to the top of the muffin top cups or muffin top pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until done.

Comments