Tomato-Basil Bruschetta


Nate is visiting us this weekend so I made one of his favorite snacks- fresh bruschetta. Easy and delicious, especially with the fresh-picked Florida tomatoes and basil I can buy in the Fresh Market here in Florida. I make this a lot in the summer when I have fresh tomatoes in my garden. I tend to go heavy on the garlic as it gives it a nice bite. Cut back on the garlic if you prefer. Also, if you are near a Panera, buy a baguette of their asiago cheese bread. The asiago cheese baguette gives the bruschetta a really nice taste!

Tomato-Basil Bruschetta

1 French baguette
3 tomatoes
2-3 medium cloves garlic or to taste
3 sprigs of fresh basil (or to taste)
1-2 T olive oil (I prefer Extra-virgin Spanish olive oil)
S&P to taste

1. Chop tomatoes into small, diced pieces.
2. Mince the garlic cloves (I use a microplaner for really fine minced garlic).
3. Mince the basil.
4. Add olive oil and S&P and toss.
5. Slice rounds off the baguette and top with the bruschetta mix (You can lightly toast the baguette rounds first if you prefer a little crunch).

Comments