Bone China and Silver Settings






Keeley/Donaldson China and Silver

One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving and Xmas is the chance to get out the "Donaldson family china" and "Hart" silver. My china was my great grandmother's (on my father's side) French limoges china which I estimate must be about 120 years old. I love the delicate floral pattern and gold trim. They just don't make china like this anymore! My sterling silver flatware was a wedding gift from my parents plus we received several other silver pieces as gifts. I also have several pieces of "Hart family" silver from my mother-in-law's family. My favorite piece (see the photo above of the back of the spoon handle) was a wedding gift from "Aunt Sally Hart" and is truly priceless. The gift card that came with this spoon reads" This tablespoon was made of coin silver between the years 1720 and 1750 by John Ludlow, an English silversmith. The spoon was brought from England to the United States by David Hart Keeley's Great Great Grandparents. The maker's initials are stamped on the tablespoon handle. The tablespoon was given to Susan Page Donaldson and David Hart Keeley on their wedding day by Mrs. Herbert F. Hart (Aunt Sally) December 30, 1977." These family heirlooms are certainly special things to be thankful for and someday I will pass them on to my sons.

Comments