What to Do with All These Green Beans?



This year we grew long pole beans, yellow wax beans, and purple French beans. We have been eating fresh beans all summer. Unfortunately, the bean harvest has come to an end. Today I picked the remaining wax and green beans. Since I had a longing for Chinese food tonight, I made my kids favorite Chinese dish- Ginger Beans with Chicken. The homemade kind is much better than the Chinese restaurant version. Try it!

Ginger Beans with Chicken


1 rotisserie chicken (or cook a couple chicken breasts)
1 quart (or several hand fulls) of fresh green beans (I had wax beans so I added them too.)
Chinese Sweet Soy-Ginger Sauce (see recipe below)
1 T vegetable oil

1. Make your sauce and set aside.
2. Shred chicken.
3. Cut beans into 2-3 inch long pieces and blanch for about 3-4 minutes and drain.
4. Heat oil in deep skillet or wok pan- medium high heat
5. Add beans and stir fry for about 1 minute.
6. Add chicken and continue to stir fry for about 30 seconds.
7. Add sauce and stir completely, coating chicken and beans. Stir fry for about 1 minute. Add a small amount of water if necessary.
8. Serve and enjoy!



Comments