Three Bean Salad with Two Beans Plus


This morning I wanted to make a three-bean salad, but only had two types of beans available- green beans and yellow wax beans from my garden. I had no kidney or white beans in my pantry for the 3rd bean, so I had to settle for 2 beans. But why settle for just 2 beans when you can add more veggies? I pulled out a jar of pimiento peppers and marinated artichokes I found in the pantry (staples I always keep on hand). Picked a couple banana peppers from the garden and fresh scallions and mixed them all together to make this delightful summer salad.

Two Bean Plus Summer Salad

Wax beans and green beans - about 25 each, cooked and sliced into i inch pieces.
5 scallions, sliced
3 banana peppers, sliced
1 small jar of marinated artichoke hearts
half a jar of Pastene roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
1/2 tsp sugar
Olive oil to taste
White balsamic vinegar to taste
Salt and pepper to taste.

Mix all the veggies together. Toss with olive oil and white balsamic vinegar (amount depends on how much veggies are in your salad. I add about 3 parts vinegar to one part olive oil). Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill and serve.

Comments

Post a Comment