Salade Nicoise for Two!



David and I enjoyed a quiet dinner for two tonight as memories of the trip to Europe we took back in the summer of 1978 came back to us with this Salade Nicoise. I first remember having Salade Nicoise sitting outside at a small cafe by the Seine, on the side opposite the Cathedral of Notre Dame. This is a hyvrid version of the traditional Salade Nicoise. I used canned white tuna, cooked green beans (actually yellow ones from my garden), boiled new potato, hard boiled eggs, and tomato- traditional ingredients. But unfortunately, I didn't have any olives or capers. I added some avocado and some other raw veggies from my garden. I sprinkled minced shallots on top, splashed it with some olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, and a squeeze of lemon and some salt and pepper. Add a nice crusty French bread and a bottle of wine and voila! I'm sure Salade Nicoise will become popular again after seeing Julie and Julia!

Comments