Garden Pad Thai


I like to make Pad Thai with fresh veggies from my garden. Today I picked zucchini, carrots, pea pods, and scallions to put in my Pad Thai. I julienne the zucchini and use it in place of bean sprouts. I also julienne the carrot to add color and texture. You can add chicken, shrimp, or tofu to the Pad Thai. I like to buy a dozen large shrimp, put them on skewers and grill them, and then cut them into thirds.

Garden Pad Thai

2 boxes of Pad Thai dinner (I usually buy the Thai Kitchen variety but any kind will do as long as it has the rice noodles and sauce).
2 eggs
cup of pea pods
5 scallions, minced
1 medium zucchini
1 large carrot
1/4 cup of peanuts, chopped or grated
1 lime
Optional: protein: shrimp, chicken, or tofu
Optional: sliced radishes and/or sliced lime for garnish

Julienne the zucchini and carrots into very thin strips, and set aside. Cook rice noodles as directed and drain. Beat the eggs and fry in a pan, like a very thin omelet. Cook on both sides, remove, and cut into small strips. In wok or deep skillet, stir fry your meat or tofu if you are adding a protein. Mix in the sauce packets. Stir over medium heat, then add veggies and egg and stir. Add noodles and stir repeatedly over medium heat until noodles are coated with sauce and veggies, protein, and eggs are dispersed throughout the noodles, and dish is cooked through. Sprinkle peanuts on top. Squeeze fresh lime over the top of the Pad Thai. Garnish with sliced radishes and/or sliced lime.

Comments

Post a Comment