Cucumber-Mango Salad


Nothing beats a fresh, crisp cucumber from the garden! Finally, my cucumbers are ready for picking. It was such a hot day today, I made this cool, refreshing salad- one of my favorite summer salads I've been making for decades. The combination of fresh mango and cucumber is heavenly! This is very quick and easy to make.

Cucumber-Mango Salad

4-5 fresh cucumbers,medium size (I like English cuc's)
1 ripe mango (be sure you give time for the mango to ripen)
1/4 cup of chopped red onion
1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
Salt

1. Cut the cuc's in half longitudinally and cut the halves so you have 4 longitudinal sections. Chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Cut the ripe mango into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Chop the red onion (add more if you like)
4. Chop the cilantro.
5. Add salt to taste
5. Toss all ingredients together and serve. Chill beforehand if desired.

Comments