Maine Crab Cakes


My 90 year-old mother-in-law is visiting this week. I love to cook for her. Tonight we made Maine crabcakes. Maine crab is the peeky-toe crab- a bit lighter than the Maryland blue crab. I basically eyeball my recipe but here is an approximation:

2 containers (6 oz?) of fresh Maine crab meat.
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup minced green pepper
1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
1/4 cup minced red onion
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
Butter to dollop with

Saute the veggies. Mix crabmeat, beaten egg, and mayo, and Old Bay together in a bowl. Fold in veggies and bread crumbs. Stir together. Add more bread crumbs if needed for consistency. Shape into crab cakes. You can fry them in a pan but I like to broil mine after baking them for 10 min. at 375. Take them out of the oven, put a little dab of butter on top of each one then place under the broiler until nice and brown on top.

Comments

  1. I think I will try this recipe first! It's making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you make them, let me know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment