Garlic Scapes


My friend, Mary Dunn, posted an entry on garlic scapes on her Facebook page. I found garlic scapes at the Portland Whole Foods Market. Some describe them as looking like a cross between an octopus and a plant. I found them to be curiously interesting and wondered "what does one do with garlic scapes?" I bought a bunch and googled "garlic scapes." I came across this entry by Dorie Greenspan: http://www.doriegreenspan.com/2009/06/i-seem-to-be-on.html . This afternoon I am going to transform my batch of garlic scapes into a pesto. Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Page, Welcome to the world of food blogging!

    I made a garlic scrape pesto earlier this year when they were in season in Phoenix. I used walnuts instead of almonds. It was tasty but VERY garlicky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your food blog Page! Some great looking recipes. Your grilled eggplant parmigiana looks wonderful. I am going to give that a try. Glad your garlic scape pesto came out so well. My son likes to spread Hummus and Garlic Scape Pesto on Syrian Bread and layer some cukes for a snack. Would be a meal for us but a snack for him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment