Blueberry-Rhubarb Cardamom Bread



Beginning of July- time to pick the last remaining stalks of spring rhubarb. Next month the blueberries will be ripe so I had better use up the ones I froze from last year. I saw a recipe for an apple cardamom bread and decided to modify it for blueberries and rhubarb. I brought cardamom back from India- one of my favorite spices that I am always looking for new ways to use. It's very moist so I would caution you to put it in the fridge to cool before you slide it. Also, if I make this again, I will increase the amount of cardamom as its flavor was very faint. Tip: If you use frozen blueberries, shake them with a tsp of flour first to coat them. That way they won't discolor your batter. Overall- a great recipe for rhubarb and you could substitute the blueberries for diced apple, raspberries, or blackberries.

Blueberry-Rhubarb Cardamom Bread

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 6 oz container of plain Greek yogurt
1/3 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup diced rhubarb
3/4 c blueberries (fresh or frozen)

1. Mix the butter and sugar together. Add eggs and mix well. Add yogurt, milk, and vanilla and mix throughly or beat on low with electric mixer.
2. Mix dry ingredients together and add to batter. Thoroughly mix or beat on low until smooth and blended.
3. Fold in berries and rhubarb.
4. Grease a loaf pan. Pour batter (will be thick) into loaf pan.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes or until done.

Comments

  1. Looks awesome--going to try in muffin form!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is
    guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell
    you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious
    why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is
    it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry
    with your health practitioner, it's really not their
    fault. They can only practice what they're told to
    practice, right?
    When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom
    foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it
    in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout
    attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new
    perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure the following diseases: Herpes,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Fibroid,
    Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic.
    As Dr Itua assure me that all those disease below that he guaranty 100% permanent cure to all these disease I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are suffering from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on whatsapp:+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here to testify how a great man called Dr AKHIGBE helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my Herpes. I takes his product (cure) for (14) days before I am to known I was totally cure out of it, and i promised him that i will testify my healing to the whole world about how he cured me which I am very happy I'm doing now , Dr AKHIGBE also cure all kinds of diseases , HEPATITIS, A,B,C , HERPES, DIABETICS , FIBROID,ALL KINDS OF SPELL CAST ,and so much more , please you can get him contacted on his whatsapp +2349021374574 or email drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com .He can also cure the following virus (1).Herpes (2) .Cancer (3).Hepatitis (4).Hiv/aids (5).Pcos (6).Fibroid (7).COPD (8) ALS ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. All thanks to Dr Abolo for helping me to get my penis longer and bigger with his herbal 🌿 in just one week his medicine is very active, it work very fast for everyone who have used dr Abolo herbal medicine the best thing about his herbal medicine is that it does not have side effects 100% and the results is permanent medicine. note he can also cure the below sicknesses and disease
    PREMATURE EJACULATION
    LOW SPERM COUNT
    ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
    HIV/AIDS CURE
    HERPES CURE
    INFECTION CURE
    PILE
    STROKE
    HEART FAILURE
    email him via: Abolospell@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +447535135409

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment